Monday, May 30, 2016

Flashed stock Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM using ODIN, Device binary & status are CUSTOM? Help!

Hey guys! First time poster!

A few months back, I tried using CF-Auto root in order to gain root access on my phone, but I flashed something incorrectly and I was never able to get root working correctly. I know because of this, I tripped KNOX, and whenever I rebooted, there was a "Set Warranty Bit: Kernel" at the top of the device.

Due to the recent Marshmallow 6.0.1 upgrade, I want to unroot and get stock firmware, so I decided to do some research and go ahead and try to flash the stock G900T 5.1.1 FOJ4 firmware (tar.md5 file), so I can get my ability to update my phone via OTA updates. I looked up my matching firmware (FOJ4) through Android File Host and then unzipped it to my desktop.

I followed a guide and used ODIN 3.10.7 to flash the stock firmware file onto my phone. I also wiped cache/ factory reset before and after flashing the stock image.
Everything went well and I no longer see the "Set Warranty Bit: Kernel" when I boot. The problem I have is that when I go into download mode, the CURRENT BINARY and SYSTEM STATUS are both CUSTOM.

I was under the impression as long as you flash a stock firmware to your device, you will unroot and your device will be official, and then you'll be able to do OTA updates. Maybe its because I have KNOX tripped? Maybe can someone clarify that for me?

My main questions/concerns are:
1.) Is there anyway to make my device status/binary as OFFICIAL, in order to regain OTA updates?
2.) If I want to download the 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, should I just try through KIES or downloading the tar.md5 file to flashing via ODIN like I did with stock?
3.) Will there be any risk of bricking since my device is still "custom", if I go the above route?
4.) As a last ditch effort, should I just try downloading a different stock Lollipop firmware, and try flashing with ODIN again?
5.) What does this sub think of Marshmallow 6.0.1 update? Is it worth it?

Thank you guys in advance! Hope you have an awesome day! :cool:


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1qX4VTE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment