Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Help needed:strange S3 mini became sim locked after installing custom rom

Hello ,
I hope that someone could help me !

My friend ask me to mod a galaxy s3 mini i8190n .
It was bought in UK (used from a shop) , but from the splash screen i saw that it was original from french (SFR carrier).
Before do everything i checked the IMEI displayed and it was the same of the sticker behind battery (it was ok) and i saved the original firmware code .

The phone was working properly with an uk sim , so i didn't think that it was sim locked .

I rooted the phone and made a backup with CWM.
After i saw the last release of cyanogenmod 12.1 , i flashed TWRP and CM12.1.
I didn't try with sim inserted at the beginning . After all wipes the system was unstable (reboot , black screen etc ) .
So i tried to flash the Resurrection Remix (last release) that worked better .
With the last rom i tried 2 sims (perfect working in other two phones) and both are not recognized (no sim icon).
No message for unlock the phone on starting was displayed!

I thought at that moment that probably the phone could have some problem with flashed roms.
I decided to reflash CWM and restore the original firmware from backup . The problem persisted (no sim ).
So i found the original rom on sammobile and flashed it . No sims recognized as well !
Imei was the same with all roms , so i think that the EFS folder is good !

I read a lot and discovered that the sim unlock is stored in a protected memory area , so i think i couldn't delete the unlock . Am i right ?? and i would like to exclude an hardware problem .. because the phone was working properly before the modding!

What could I do for resolve this problem? The phone is not mine and i'm so sorry to have made a mess!


Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
This is the orginal firmware version


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1P0CDO2
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment