Thursday, June 30, 2016

Where are default brightness values stored? (Event 85)

The purpose of this question is related to an intermittent problem that I experience on my Eonon with the Malaysk 444 rom, which results in the screen going blank. I suspect that it is "stuck" in auto brightness mode, and as a result some of the auto brightness values, for whatever reason, do not register for my device and result in a blank screen.

My temporary solution to this problem is to rekey a physical button using MTC-Keys as event 85 (event_44=85). This works to move the brightness value from 0 to 100% with a few steps in between. My results are that I go from 0% which is a blank screen, then get 25% brightness, then 50% results in a blank screen, then I see 75% and 100% as expected. Does anyone know where the predefined sequence values for event 85 are stored? I'd like to play with setting different brightness values (0-255) for the various steps to see if I can find values that work at each stage. I suspect this might fix the auto-brightness values as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hans


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/298vzpR
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment