Thursday, June 30, 2016

Phone wont register on network!! Need Help!!

Hello guys!

I love this phone, but i am having problems getting it to function properly here in Sweden. It was originally bought on a contract and simlocked to Tre (carrier). I bought the phone second hand from swedish ebay (much cheaper than brand new) with the intention of unlocking it and using with my carrier (Telenor).

Tre would not unlock the phone for me (have to see out 24 month contract) so i unlocked it myself using the services of unlockscope.com. The process was successful, and the phone no longer asks for a network unlock code when using previously locked sim.

The problems start now.. It just refuses to register on the network! If i switch the phone off, insert sim and start, then i get a brief flash of the carrier name in top left corner (2 seconds), and then it goes back to saying emergency calls only.

I cannot register manually, i have tried hundreds of times, even though the carrier appears in the list. The apn settings are also correct for my carrier.

I have also contacted my carrier and they dont understand the problem. I even had them run a check on the imei to see if it was blocked on their network (possible stolen phone) but it came back negative, no blocking whatsoever!

The weirdest thing is that it works when using my brothers Tele2 sim card! The phone registers in seconds and displays a nice 4g symbol next to the signal indicator! A thing to note is that this Tele2 nano sim fits very nicely in the tray and stays in place, whereas my telenor sim is extremely loose and falls out, though i have tried taping my sim in place with no success.

Can anybody relate to this problem or think of a possible cause? I dont know what to try anymore! I'm thinking that there must be something wrong with the phone, but then why does Tele2 work perfectly??!!

Sorry for the long post! I appreciate any help offered!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/29epaaU
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment