Thursday, June 30, 2016

Joying 5.1.1 7" MTCD JY_V1 head unit review

Ive had this unit for about 2 months now. Purchased it from the US seller on amazon. It shipped within 24hrs from NY. Arrived in Florida in about 4 days.

It arrived in the typical plain white box, no thumbdrive with this one, no sd card. Not a big deal as i have plenty of both. Well packaged and un damaged.

The vehicle i installed it into is a 2016 Mustang GT, base model with the 4" screen and abomination that Ford likes to call "sync".

Without getting into why, I wanted a head unit that would have navigation and run apps without all of the nanny controls you find on the more common units, and did NOT retain ford sync. If anyone has ever been on a mustang forum, you will see half the threads are complaints about the factory sync, or people testing out various Chinese replacements for the base system. None of these options interested me as i would be still stuck with sync. So i discovered these types of android head units first on ebay, then some research on youtube lead me to the "Joying" brand. Some pretty favorable reviews here so i decided to take the plunge on this unit: h t t p s :// w w w http://.carjoying.com/android-5-1-car-stereo/android-5-1-car-stereo-2din/newest-joying-2016-automotive-lollipop-android-5-1-1-universal-7-inch-car-head-unit-double-2-din-autoradio-gps-navigation-system-quad-core-hd-1024-600-radio-stereo-audio-16gb-support-revers.h t m l

I figured it was more money than the typical china mustang screen upgrades, but less money than i would spend on an alpine or pioneer that still would not do what i wanted.

Contrary to what most people told me, there was plenty of room behind the dash, as long as you use a bezel from a premium model. I was able to complete the install to this point without cutting ONE SINGLE WIRE thanks to a member on mustang6g forum who made me a custom harness. In fact, Joying didnt even want to sell me the unit as they said it would not fit, despite my sending them pictures showing it would. It was as if the world wants you to suffer with a garbage radio if you own a 16 mustang lol.

So far this uint has performed nearly flawlessly. It has never frozen on me, or even slowed down on me for that matter. I am able to run pandora, spotify-yes spotify! waze, google maps and navigation, chrome, even netflix. I was rather surprised just how well all the apps run on it as ive read threads on here where people have had issues with some of these apps, but it runs just as fast or faster than my galaxy s5. The only thing ive seen happen is if you try to run apps as its still booting up it will bog down.

The sound quality of the built in speaker level amp is very good. much better than stock. I have not tried using the pre-amp outputs yet or the sub output. The factory equalizer does its thing, has a fader but not a spacializer. It appears to be able to use the steering wheel controls but i have not tried to tackle that yet. Also, there is an area where it appears you can read the vehicle can bus, but i have no idea how to connect that as there is almost nothing on the market for the 15-16 mustang yet.

Here is a bad video i made of it lol: h t t p s :// youtu.be/VDxKmkw_as8

If anyone on this forum can point me in the right direction as far as steering wheel controls or can bus connection I would really appreciate it, and of course ill try my best to answer any questions about my experiences with this unit.

Also, i thought i saw there is a contact for JoyingUSA on this forum? Maybe he could offer some guidance.

Thanks
Nick


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/295vvld
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment