Saturday, April 30, 2016

Zenfone 2 failed update, can't flash stock firmware

I accidentally allowed the 2.20.40.183 OTA update, which rendered my phone useless. I tried putting MOFD_UPDATE of 2.20.40.174 on my SD card, but that didn't work.
Here's a few other things I tried:
Recovery menu: Updating phone, then dead droid. No menu appears.
adb sideload: adb didn't recognize my phone.
fastboot flash: Permission denied, or something along those lines. The write fails. Tried to flash system.img but it never did and nothing happened.
adb sideload through temporary CWM: Unauthorized device. Couldn't sideload.
Flashing through temporary CWM and temporary TWRP: Fails early on with Status 7. 2.20.40.174 is older, and this is apparently reason enough to deny me.

Does anyone have an idea about what I can do to fix this? Could I flash Cyanogenmod, then flash stock over that, using temporary CWM/TWRP?
My bootloader is not unlocked.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1X0QSJA
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment