Saturday, April 30, 2016

Downgrade From Marshmallow To Lollipop

Howdy everyone!

I'm hoping someone will be able to provide some useful information or links to steer me in the right direction. Basically I have an HTC M9, and ever since I updated to Marshmallow, I've had nothing but problems. And when I was on Lollipop, I never experienced anything. What I would like to do is downgrade my HTC M9 from Marshmallow to Lollipop 5.1.1.

After doing a bit of Googling, it seems as though "downgrade" may not even be the correct term. I saw mention that what I need to do is flash the device with a 5.1.1 ROM. Anyway, apologies if my terminology is off.

I will say that my phone is completely stock. I've never done anything custom to it as I never really felt the need to. However I can't keep using this phone so long as it's on Marshmallow so I really want to downgrade. It is my understanding that there is no official way of downgrading?

A couple guides pointed me in the direction of using CyanogenMod 12.1 which I found a download for (cm-12.1-20150718-UNOFFICIAL-himaul), and also Google Apps 5.1 (gapps-5.1.x-20150324-minimal-edition-signed). I'm afraid I don't quite know what to do with them though.

But if anyone out there could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. No hand holding needed, just a push in the right direction would be good enough! Thank you in advance.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1YZ0Jy6
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment