Thursday, March 31, 2016

TIP: Automate forwarding ALL calls on 3G version

Leaving the phone at home and going solo with the S2 3G by itself doesn't seem to be very popular with people. This wasn't something I considered particularly of value either when I got the watch.

I'm 180 flipped on this issue now. I often operate with the watch only as my connection to the world, leaving my phone behind. Only if I'm going somewhere where I will be away long enough not to KNOW I can be without the additional features (mainly internet access), or know that I WILL need these features will I take the phone now.

That works out to about 50% of the time.

While the watch does have a convenient built-in call forwarding / remote connection option, and it's very helpful, there's a minor issue: It forwards unanswered calls to the watch, so the caller must sit through six rings before it gets forwarded and I even know they've called. I've had people simply hang up before it forwards, thinking I'm not hearing it ring.

The solution, of course, is to forward ALL calls to the S2 so a call to your phone rings immediately on the watch, and then turn off BT on the phone so the watch reconnects remotely. Actually, to ensure you don't miss a call that goes straight to your S2 voicemail, you need to turn off BT first, pause 30 seconds for the watch to turn on 3G, then forward the calls.

Tasker can do this. I've created a shortcut on my home screen using tasker to both turn on, and turn off ALL call forwarding as described above. I use this even when around the house doing stuff, by my phone's sitting in the charging cradle. A BT connection is limited when you're all around the house, inside and out, doing "stuff". I just punch the forward all shortcut on my phone, put it back in the cradle, and I'm good to go with only a watch on my wrist. No bulky phone in a pocket, getting in the way while working on the car, doing yardwork, etc.

I love 3G. My Classic 3G from Verizon arrives by 8pm tonight. YAY! I'll have a dark gray Verizon "sport" 3G version for sale, excellent condition, never locked to my phone. PM me if interested.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22SqEOl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment