Thursday, March 31, 2016

Novice with Turbo XT1254 on T-mobile wants to ditch "SIM card is not from Verizon"

I bought a XT1254 after some light research showed it working fine on T-mobile. I just got a T-mobile SIM last night, and was worried it wouldn't work, but skipping through the "This is not a VZW SIM" message at startup actually let me go through without activating (using WiFi option) and it picked up the T-mobile SIM and connected to LTE pretty quickly. I have not tested full connectivity yet. One thing I'd like to resolve is the constant "SIM card is not from Verizon" notification I have. I'm new to all this, so I don't know if this is something that can only be fixed by/after rooting the phone, or if there are some less drastic options that would allow me to remove this and other VZW bloat. Can anyone help a new guy out?
Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/22SqHcP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment