Wednesday, March 30, 2016

S-ON, no root, and stuck on fastboot/hboot screen

First off I want to mention that my phone is stock, S-ON, on android 5.0.1 and never been rooted. After what I believe to be a failed marshmallow update, my one m8 no longer boots past the white HTC boot screen, but I can get to the stock HBOOT/FASTBOOT screens.

This happened when I plugged my phone in the charger and left it. After a little while I noticed it has tried to reboot and was stuck on the white HTC boot screen. I unplugged the phone and restarted it (held power and volume up) and now it won't boot up. I assume that the marshmallow update started by itself and I unknowingly interrupted it.

I've looked at similar posts and most of them mention flashing a RUU from an SD card. So I tried to flash the marshmallow RUU in fastboot from my SD card and right away got the error message: "device halted due to large image update fail." Next I tried to flash the 5.0.1 RUU zip with stage fright patch. This time it was updating for about 40 minutes until I got the same error, "device halted due to large image update fail."
I got the RUU's from here: http://ift.tt/11DgFz0

I don't know where to go from here. I want to try the 5.0.1 RUU without stagefright but I figured I should ask here first so I don't mess it up even more. I am desperately trying to get this phone working again so your help would be very appreciated.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1q2xFuu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment