Saturday, July 30, 2016

Data recovery after Water Damage

My Galaxy S6 recently took a dip in a lake and would not turn on. After trying to displace the water with 91% isopropyl alcohol and I tried to power on again, but no LEDs and would not bootup still. I disassembled the phone and tried cleaning the board with a toothbrush and alcohol to clean any corrosion and hope that my attempts to turn it on did not permanently damage any components. After the cleaning the LEDs turn on, but the screen seems to be damaged beyond repair.

At this point salvaging the phone is not a priority, some very important and irreplaceable pictures that were not yet backed-up are my only concern. Another XDA user suggested trying to install a custom recovery but ODIN keeps failing. I cannot tell you what the S6 screen is showing of course, even putting it into download mode is a bit of a chore.

I am trying to install TWRP on a SM-G920P with ODIN 3.10.7
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I have also tried other versions of TWRP and ODIN, all have the same error.

Thanks in advance


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2amHE8R
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment