Sunday, January 31, 2016

Tronsmart USB "C" car charger

So shortly after receiving my Nexus 6P I began hunting for a car charger that could supply 3 Amps if needed to my device...you know....in case of zombie apocalypse and the power grid goes down..I could still charge my phone :silly:

I found there were very few available. The first I saw was back ordered for weeks. Then I came across the Tronsmart charger. It was available on Amazon with Prime for like $22. The downside was it did not include a USB "C" cable, but now I see they have an updated version that has the USB "C" cable attached for a bit less. That'll teach me to rush out an buy something!

This is not totally a "con" since I am sure we have all been there where the cord attached to our car chargers breaks over time. So you would have the ability here to simply replace your 3 Amp USB C cable if that happened.

Testing: It seems the Nexus 6P is a little finicky and must be reallllly hungry (low on battery) for the charge current to get near 3 Amps. I drained my 6P down to 44% and tested the current on the manufacturer supplied charger in the house. It peaked at 2.85 Amps. I then took my phone out to my truck and threw it on this Tronsmart car charger. It peaked at 2.80 Amps. I am confident that this product works as advertised.

I also tested the type A port and it had no problem supplying 2.4 Amps to the 6P and also to my work phone LG G3.

This is a solid, rugged device. I am impressed enough to order a house charger from them as a back up for the one supplied with the 6P. It is designed for the 6P as well and also contains both A and C ports on it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1NJmjPv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment