Saturday, February 27, 2016

Which custom rom for O+O and S4

Good morning,

to make the long story short: I would like to get a recommendation, which custom rom to use.

My experience:
I've rooted already several devices and installed a slim saber rom. But I don't have any deeper knowledge about the internals of the custom roms. In the past I've used already Boeffla Kernel on a Samsung S3. So flashing a device isn't a problem for me. I know what adb is and how to use it.

Current problems:
  • My phone - Oneplus One: Didn't like the fact, that with every official update of CM OS I had to wait for a rooted package to get the update installed. And moreover I don't like the idea to integrate Cortana into my Android device.
  • My wife's phone - Samsung Galaxy S4: Since rooting this device 2 years ago, it doesn't get any updates anymore. It's still running Kitkat 4.4

What do I want / expect on features from a Rom:
  • Marshmallow and should be available for Oneplus One and Samsung Galaxy S4 (GTI-9505)
  • Customize the Home button (very important!): The last Custom Rom I used had as a default value with long pressing the home button to start Google Now. I don't want this and don't need this. Much more important to me is the behaviour of the previous versions to get the list of the recent apps on longpressing home how it was specified until Lollipop. I need something like the Alt+Tab behaviour of an ordinary desktop computer. A workaround to get this behaviour back was installing the Xposed Addins. But to install a whole framework, where the most modules don't work isn't a solution. And I didn't feel good with that.
  • Extended power menu would be nice: Fast reboot and reboot to recovery. Even better would be if all those options are only on one hierarchy level.
  • Wifi priority order: If there are at one place more than one wifi networks available, I would like to be able to configure, to which network should be tried to connect first.
  • Nice to have: show the encryption system of wifi networks like it was in Android 4 (e.g. wep, wpa, wpa2-psk). Missed this information since lollipop.
  • Battery saving
  • Shouldn't be a one-man-developed custom rom with an uncertain future

Don't need / don't want:
A lot of graphical stuff, special launcher (I'm addicted to Yandex Shell anyway), Sounds and battery draining stuff.

Which rom would you recommend? Thanks a lot for any suggestions.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1LkxdRE
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment